Hey there guys,
Lots of you have asked me to share what I will and won’t be doing for the next three months with my modified CG method so here it goes:
What My Modified CG Method will and won’t include:
- I will be Co-washing ONLY now with a Cleansing Conditioner ( SULFATE Free)
- I will be Finger Detangling ONLY
- I will be using Sulfate and Silicone Free ( the bad kind of Silicones, that aren’t water soluble ) products
- I will be using Silicone Free Stylers
- I will be using oils that aren’t to heavy on the hair
- Oils I will not be using are Shea Butter, Mineral Oil, and Castor Oil (Nature’s Blessing is not CG Friendly)
- My CG Friendly Oil of Choices will be Argan/ Coconut Oil
- I will style in other styles besides the wash and go
- I will allow occasional use of heat (X 2 a year maximum which I never exceed)
- I will do Heat Free Stretched Styles
- I will continue Deep Conditioning with low indirect heat once a week
Okay guys so there you have it, as you can see I following the CG method for the most part but have made some modifications to suit my preferences. As I mentioned I will be testing this out for the next 3 months before deciding if I will keep this method or not. I will also be reviewing the various CG friendly products I try out and sharing my thoughts on them here on my blog.
Below are pictures of my curls after about 1 1/2 weeks using this method.
See ya Friday!
NEXT UP: CG METHOD 101: What Silicones are Bad